1. Begin in ready stance (Shizentai/Yoi). Feet shoulder width
apart, hands forming fists placed in front of your thighs.
2. Raise your left fist above your head, as if blocking to the head
(jodan-uke), and take the right, fist palm-down across your
chest. Slide out your left foot, so your in side cat stance , draw
back your right fist to your right hip and strike downwards with your
left fist, performing bottomfist strike (tetsui). These four
moves are done at the same time as one technique.
3. Keep at a constant height as you step forward with your right
foot into right forward stance. As you come to a stop, draw back your
left fist to the left hip, using this action to power the right into
a lunge punch (junzuki migi gamae).
3a. Step diagonally back with your right foot, bending your knee
and raising your right heel from the floor, so you don't bob up. Fold
your right arm, fist, palm-upwards, across your chest.
4. Continue swiveling your hips and turn into right forward stance.
At the same time, blocking down (gedan barai) with your right
5. Draw back your right foot and raise your right fist above your
head, as if performing a head block.
6. Drop your right arm down in a sharp bottomfist strike/block.
7. Slide your left foot forward into a forward stance and punch with
your left fist (junzuki hidari gamae). Time the punch so it
happens as the slide forward comes to a stop.
7a. Slide your left foot to the left in preparation for a right angled
turn. Fold your left arm across your chest with the fist resting by
the right shoulder.
8. Complete the turn into left forward stance, performing a left
lower block (gedan barai), at the same time.
9. Step forward into right forward stance as the movement is coming
to a halt (and not before!), draw back your left fist to the hip and
perform head block with the right arm (jodan uke).
10. Step through into left forward stance and perform a second jodan
11. Step into right forward stance and perform third and final head
block. Shout (Kiai) as you block.
12. Slide your back left foot right across and bring your left forearm
across your chest, fist comes to rest by the right shoulder in preparation
for a lower block. Keep both knees bent and maintain a constant height!
12a. Turn (mawette) onto the diagonal into left forward stance
and complete left lower block (gedan barai).
13. Step into right forward stance and perform right lunge punch
(junzuki migi gamae).
14. Slide you right foot across, fold your right arm across your
chest and turn to the other diagonal. Block right lower block from
right forward stance.
15. Step forward with your left foot and perform left lunge punch.
15a. Slide your left foot across as you fold your left arm across
your chest. Preparing to go into left forward stance and lower block.
16. Take up your left forward stance and continue with the left lower
17. Step forward with the right foot and perform (junzuki migi
gamae) right lunge punch.
18. Step forward with your left foot and perform left lunge punch
(junzuki hidari gamae).
19. Step into right forward stance and perform third right lunge
punch. Second Kiai of theKata occurs at this point.
20. Open both hands. Turn (mawette) anticlockwise on your
leading right foot until you face the diagonal. Draw back your left
foot raising the left heel off the floor into cat stance (neko
ashi dachi).Right hand palm down, and take the left hand, palm
upwards across the top, in preparation to strike. Do not straighten
21. Slide your left leg forwards into horse riding stance (shiko-dachi).
As the slide is coming to a halt, twist your body into a low stance,
both knees bent back straight, feet turned out slightly. Strike with
your left spearhand (yonhon nukite) forward and turn it palm
downwards. At exactly the same time, draw the right spearhand back
to the chest and turn it palm upwards. The pull back and spearhand
must occur at exactly the same time as each other.
21a. Keep your hands as they are and step through, still on the diagonal
with your right foot, keeping the body at the same height.
22. As you twist your body and settle into horse riding stance again,
draw back your left spearhand and thrust out your right spearhand
23. Pivot clockwise on your left foot to the other diagonal and draw
your right hand back, turning it palm upwards. At exactly the same
time, draw back your right foot. Again into cat-stance (neko ashi
dachi). Your right hand is on top with the palm turned upwards,
your left is below with the palm turned downwards.
24. Slide forward into right horse riding stance and perform right
spear hand palm turned downwards at exactly the same time pulling
back the left spearhand across the chest palm turned upwards.
24a. Keep the hands as they are and step through, still on the diagonal,
with your left foot, in preparation for your final strike.
25. As you settle into horse riding stance for the final time draw
back your right spearhand and thrust out your left spearhand
26.Twist your right foot anticlockwise so it is facing forward, and
pull your left leg round and back into line with the right to resume
the upright standing position (shizentai/Yoi).